- Air Brake Principles:
Provides a locomotive engineer with a working knowledge of air brake equipment.
- Blue Signal Procedures:
Establishes the Operating and Mechanical Department's written steps to be taken by department personnel performing tasks according to Rule 26 Blue Signal Protection of Workman.
- Bulletin Blank Form:
Use to create a new bulletin.
- Bulletin Procedures Description:
Volunteers/Employees must follow Bulletins, Orders, and Notices.
- Certification of Locomotive Engineers:
Delineates the requirements for certification of new and existing locomotive engineers. Includes role of DSLE.
- Code of Ethics:
The ethical principles outlined in this Code of Ethics address issues which pertain to individuals in a variety of relationships to the Feather River Rail Society. The Feather River Rail Society itself has an ethical obligation to be a good citizen in our community. As a historical institution, and preservers, we have an obligation, to the best of our abilities, to avoid those practices which has been concluded to be unhealthy or unsafe for life on this planet.
As educators in the field of history and material culture, the Feather River Rail Society (AKA Western Pacific Railroad Museum) and its members, have the responsibility to be aware of the personal and environmental risks caused by the use and disposal of certain products used in our jobs. Every effort should be made to use products which are not harmful to the environment in either their creation or disposal.
- Conductor's Time Report
- Daily Sign In Log Sheet
- Designated Supervisor of Locomotive Engineers (DSLE) Test Sheet
- Feather River Rail Society Operating Department Standard Operating Procedures
- FRRS Daily Train Report
- FRRS Daily Work Report:
Form to track volunteer hours. (Remember to include travel time to/from job site.)
- General Release:
This form is for RALs, Shop or Work Area, Special Train Excursion, etc. liability release.
Glossary of Terms
- Job Abbreviations:
Official position abbreviations for reports.
- Job Briefing Safety Tailboard Form:
Form to be used at tailboard meetings.
- Job Briefing Safety Tailboard Process/Procedure:
How to hold a tailboard meeting.
- Locomotive Starting Checklist
- Mechanical Department Reporting Form M1001:
Locomotive Inspection and Maintenance Report
- Mechanical Department Reporting Form 1003
- Operating Crew Qualification Program
- Operating Department Current Rule Book
- Operating Department Entrance and Service Requirements Book:
This book contains all of the necessary requirements to enter into and to remain in the Feather River Rail Society Train and Engine Service.
- Operating Department Entrance and Service Requirements Book Extra Pages:
Extra service log pages (print two-sided if possible)
- Personnel Record
- Qualification Card Audit Form
- Radio - CP200 Instructions:
Motorola CP200 Portable Radio
- Radio - MURS Instructions:
ICOM IC-F3/S MURS (Multi Use Radio Service)
- Radio - Policy Protocol:
Defines the policies and protocols for the use of base, portable and mobile two-way railroad radios by the Feather River Rail Society members, volunteers, and staff.
- Rule Book Effective April 1, 2015
- Rule Book Effective April 1, 2016
- WPRM Track Trouble Report Form:
Form to report any issues with track at the museum.
Flagman or Crossing Guard Guidebook
Car Attendant Guidebook
Needs to be updated
Needs to be updated
Fireman - to be written
Engineer - to be written
RAL Engineer - to be written
Hostler - to be written
Supervisor - to be written
Forms still to be added:
- Locomotive Daily Record (tall narrow card kept in cab showing days locomotive was run)
- Rule violation form ???
Desktop Home |
Mobile Home |
News Blog |
Follow us on Facebook
Operated by the Feather River Rail Society, a California 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization
700 Western Pacific Way, Portola, California 96122 | 1-530-832-4131 | email us at:
Copyright © 2017 Feather River Rail Society. All Rights Reserved. Page last updated: Wednesday April 26, 2017 13:40 PDT