- - 2016 Society Election Information - -
New Officers August 13th, 2016
President - Steve Habeck
Vice President - Greg Elems
Secretary - Eugene Vicknair
Treasurer - Gail McClure
Appointment of Committees and Dept. Heads tabled to October board meeting.
New Directors Installed July 9th, 2016
Frank Brehm and Leisa Wesch installed as new Directors
Election Results Certified Wednesday June 8th, 2016
The election results were certified by the Portola City Clerk.
Election Vote Tallies June 4th, 2016
2016 (preliminary - pending certification and elected Dicrector acceptance of office in writing)
election vote tallies reported at the Members' Meeting 6/4/16 are as follows (3 open positions):
Tom Carter - Incumbent 198 Votes
Frank Brehm - Candidate 189 Votes
Leisa Wesch - Candidate 148 Votes
Matt Elems - Candidate 146 Votes
Rick Gruninger - Candidate 112 Votes
Kirk Baer - Candidate 111 Votes
Wayne Monger - Candidate 110 Votes
David Epling - Write In 2 Votes
Craig Simmons - Write In 2 Votes
Bil Jackson - Write In 1 Vote
Bill Parker - Write In 1 Vote
Ken Roller - Write In 1 Vote
Update from the election chairman May 31, 2016
After further review of the policies and due to confusion regarding the deadline for ballot return. The June 3rd date stands. All ballots received as of June 3, 2016 will be counted with the final ballot count on June 4, 2016.
This is being done in the interest of being fair to make sure all FRRS voting members have the maximum opportunity to vote.
The FRRS Board will have a business item at the board meeting to discuss future elections to ensure there is never this confusion again.
2016 FRRS Board Election Chairman
Update from the election chairman April 10, 2016
FRRS 2016 Board Election Voting materials were sent to the printer/mailing house today. Your ballots should be in your mailboxes in the next 10 days.
You have until June 3rd at 5pm to return them to the official mailing address. Any ballot NOT received by 5pm on the 3rd will not be counted.
As an FYI, Director Wayne Monger resigned from the FRRS Board yesterday (4/9/2016). He remains a valid candidate for the 2016 Board Elections. Votes for him will be counted as valid assuming the ballot itself is not defaced as noted in the rules.
Please vote and return your ballots in a timely manner.
2016 FRRS Board Election Chairman
2016 FRRS Election Calendar
Three seats, presently being held by Wayne Monger, Tom Carter & Kirk Baer are available for the June 2016 FRRS election. Nominees must
be in good standing at the time of nomination.
The following candidates have been verified as valid candidates for the 2016 FRRS Election:
2016 Verified Nominees as of April 9, 2016
(in alphabetical order by last name)
Kirk Baer - Candidate
Frank Brehm - Candidate
Tom Carter - Incumbent
Matt Elems - Candidate
Rick Gruninger - Candidate
Wayne Monger - Candidate
Leisa Wesch - Candidate
January 1, 2016
- First day of open nominations for the election of FRRS directors. Nominations can be submitted by voting members of FRRS (IN WRITING) to the Nomination and Election
Committee or personally delivered to the Committee.*
January 31, 2016
- Last day for nomination submissions.
February 8, 2016
- Last day that each candidate may provide the Committee with an informational statement to be included in the election ballot. The printing & mailing fee of $100.00 must
accompany each candidate's statement.
March 7, 2016
- Last day nominees may withdraw. A withdrawal MUST be provided to the committee by written notice.
April 18, 2016
- The Ballots shall be sent out by the Committee on or before the 3rd Monday in April.
May 14, 2016
- The Board shall select members and/or nonmembers to serve as tellers to count ballots.
May 27, 2016 Extended to 6/3/16
- Ballots must be returned to the ballot return address by no later than 5 PM. No post marks will be accepted.
June 4, 2016
- The tellers shall report and certify the accuracy and proper procedure of the vote at the annual meeting of members of the
corporation as provided for in the bylaws.
*Any and all nominees and write-ins must be valid FRRS members in good standing.
Non-Legitimate write-ins will disqualify the entire ballot. White ballots (ballots in which the number of seats to be filled equals the number of nominees) will not go to a vote
unless a member petitions the board with the intent to run as a write in.