The UP 25283 is an example of a UP Class CA-5 caboose. It was built in August 1952 as UP 3983 by UP in its Omaha Shops, using welded steel under frames from International Car, and body components from Youngstown Steel Door Co. (which is why there is a small plate on each side of the car with a "Y" on it). It was renumbered in June 1959 to 25283 and was never upgraded for pool service.
In July 1984 it was painted silver and renumbered UP 903005MW and placed in Maintenance-of-Way service and assigned to the Portola outfit train. Known then as the "Silver Palace" she was donated to FRRS in 1985. In 2001 the FRRS repainted the "Silver Palace" back to yellow as number 25283.