Due to recent virus events, the 2020 crew training will be changed.
The procedure for this year is:
Cancel the two planned crew training classes and
1) Have everyone who is interested, sign up for Crew Training TBA.
2) This will generate an online rule exam link that they can use to take the rules exam.
3) We tell everyone to go through all the online Crew Training Material.
4) We generate a new document that the user signs and turns in with their liability release and emergency information form that they certify they went through the training material online. We then file the new document with the rules exam results page and other documents as the objective evidence that they completed crew training for 2020.
5) For new members to the Operating Department, we have them perform the crew training online, take the rules test and then we set up a date and time to work with them to make sure that they understand the materials, understand the rules and give them one-on-one training.
6) All crew members will have to present their qualification cards to supervisor on duty to be checked and recorded on the annual qualification sheet.
7) Any Engineer that needs a recheck with the DSLE, will need to contact the DSLE and make arrangements to have the check performed.