2019 FRRS Election
Three seats, presently being held by Bob Sims, Roger Stabler and Janet Steeper,
are available for the June 2019 FRRS election.
Any person eighteen (18) years of age or older who has been a member of a voting membership unit in good standing for a minimum of one (1) year at the date of the election or appointment shall be eligible to election or appointment as a Director.
Nominations closed January 31st, 2019
The following candidates have been verified as valid candidates for the 2019 FRRS Election:
2019 Nominees as of 2/1/19
(in alphabetical order by last name)
Bob Sims - Incumbent
Roger Stabler - Incumbent
Janet Steeper - Incumbent
2019 Election Update (3/16/19):
The 2019 FRRS Election process for a "White Ballot" is now closed and it appears that we do have a "White Ballot" for the 2019 Election and that the three (3) incumbents will remain in Office. This still needs to be reviewed and validated by the FRRS Board.
2019 Election Update (3/4/19):
See Election Report to FRRS Board 3/9/19
2019 Election Update (2/22/19):
"To the members of the Feather River Rail Society,
At the close of 2019 Board Election nominations, we have three candidates for the
three open Board of Directors seats. By law, we are required to make notification of
a potential “white ballot” election. In a white ballot, there is no mail-out election and
the three candidates are automatically seated. This avoids the cost of mailing out
ballots when there are an equal number of candidates to open seats.
While the time to submit candidate statements has passed, board eligible members
are allowed to submit for a write in campaign up to March 15, 2019. If a member
chooses to do so, they would be fiscally responsible for informing the membership of
their campaign and getting members to write them in on the ballot.
This postcard is official notification of an impending white ballot and notice of
deadline to submit for a write in campaign. The deadline is 11:59 PM on March 15,
2019 (postmark or email). Notice can be via email at email@example.com or via
post mail at 4536 Meade St. Shasta Lake City, CA 96019-9309
Submit questions to election chair.
Thank you for your membership in the Feather River Rail Society!"
2019 Election Update (2/9/19):
See Election Report to FRRS Board 2/9/19
2019 Election Update (1/12/19):
Just a reminder that the nomination period is currently open for the FRRS Board seats presently occupied by Bob Sims, Roger Stabler, and Janet Steeper from January 1, 2019 through January 31, 2019.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, submit your/their name to the 2019 Election Committee as per the policy under “Nomination & Elections Procedures” at /www.wplives.org/news_items/2019_election.html .
Please send your nominations to:
FRRS 2019 Nomination & Election Committee
4536 Meade St.
Shasta Lake City, CA 96019-9309
Thank you for your support of the FRRS and WPRM.
"Your 2019 Election Committee thanks you and is Proud to Serve the FRRS & WPRM."
Matthew S. Shuman - FL 1948
FRRS 2019 Nomination & Election Committee - Chair
2019 Election Committee Members:
Matthew Shuman - Chair
Ann Morningstar - Co-Chair
Debbie Shuman - Clerk/Catering Facilitator to the Election Committee
January 1, 2019
- First day of open nominations for the election of FRRS directors. Nominations can be submitted by voting members of FRRS (IN WRITING) to the Nomination and Election
Committee or personally delivered to the Committee.
January 31, 2019
- Last day for nomination submissions.
February 11, 2019
- Last day that each candidate may provide the Committee with an informational statement to be included in the election ballot. The printing & mailing fee of $100.00 must
accompany each candidate's statement.
March 4, 2019
- Last day nominees may withdraw. A withdrawal MUST be provided to the committee by written notice.
April 15, 2019
- The Ballots shall be sent out by the Committee on or before the 3rd Monday in April.
May 11, 2019
- The Board shall select members and/or nonmembers to serve as tellers to count ballots.
May 24, 2019
- Ballots must be returned to the ballot return address by no later than 5 PM. No post marks will be accepted.
June 1, 2019
- The tellers shall report and certify the accuracy and proper procedure of the vote at the annual meeting of members of the
corporation as provided for in the bylaws.
FRRS Election Information